GENIVI Compliance Programs
GENIVI delivers open source software components, standard interfaces, a flexible architecture and a pre-integrated IVI platform for pre-production and production IVI programs. GENIVI combines these deliverables into a specification that forms the basis for its open standard for aligning consumer electronics and automotive software development cycles.
Built on years of experience in In-Vehicle Infotainment development and on industry best practices in software compliance, these programs are intended to benefit all buyers and sellers in the automotive IVI ecosystem.
KEY PROGRAM DETAILS AND BENEFITS
- Offers OEMs a short and growing list of compliant offerings to simplify the vendor selection process
- Allows software suppliers to answer RFPs with confidence knowing their products meet GENIVI’s compliance standards sought by many OEMs and other buyers
- Ensures products from suppliers meet GENIVI requirements for supply chain quality and adhere to standard APIs
- Clarifies what is expected for GENIVI members wishing to align their offerings to an open industry standard
- Gives developers a blueprint for delivering implementations that will run on all GENIVI compliant platforms
- Includes any software supplier by offering compliance at the full platform, individual component, package or application levels
GENIVI Compliant software platforms are composed of the standardized, commodity IVI functionality including the product-specific variations. Works with GENIVI software is composed of additional functionality that executres with a compliant software including functionality beyond the software platform scope (e.g., applications and HMI) and within the software platform scope (e.g., implementations of components in the platform).
While they benefit the entire automotive industry, participation in the GENIVI compliance programs is currently for GENIVI members only. For more information on joining GENIVI, please visit http://www.genivi.org/join.
Questions about the GENIVI compliance programs may be sent to email@example.com.
To learn more about the benefits of the GENIVI compliance programs to buyers and sellers, please view the brochure.